We provide sectoral information and support the identification and analysis of the markets of greatest interest.
The objective is to support members companies in the search for opportunities, as well as in the decision making relating to priority geographic markets.
To achieve this, we develop different activities and services related to market intelligence:
- Own/exclusive intelligence platform with the most relevant news and publications in the sector
- Daily newsletter with the news of the sector at an international level sorted by subsectors and countries
- Focus On reports, focused on the railway market of countries of interest
- Opportunities map with the identification of the markets of greatest interest to the railway industry
- Personalised information service on tenders and bids for railway projects around the world
The fairness of trade relations between countries is one of the concerns of any industry.
That is why at Mafex we closely observe the access of our companies to public procurement markets (and vice versa), tariff and non-tariff barriers, national instruments to support internationalisation, foreign subsidies and any protectionist measure that limits the competitiveness of the sector at European and global level.
R&D Project Office
We work on the identification of calls at national and European level. We boost and manage consortia for the presentation of projects promoting the participation of partner companies in R&D projects in a collaborative way.
We support the communication and dissemination activities of the projects and the exploitation of the results.
The Sectoral Forums aim to facilitate contact and mutual knowledge between companies in the value chain and to promote collaboration. They are a key instrument for sectoral dynamisation and networking, both amongst our members as well as with operators and other non-member organisations and companies, as well as for the identification of collaboration opportunities.
In addition to the International Markets Forum, focused on the priority countries for the Spanish railway industry, these meetings are aimed at Digitalisation, Intermodal Mobility and Sustainability, in line with the challenges of the sector.
These meetings address the following contents and themes:
- Plans, regulation, challenges, etc. by members and/or third parties
- Trends and key technologies by scientific-technological agents
- Business cases, projects, and initiatives by member companies
- Strategic intelligence: calls for grants, reports, news, experts in technologies and/or markets, etc.
- Member´s pitch presentations
At the moment we have:
Sectoral forum on digitalisation
Sectoral forum on markets
Mafex represents and defends, since 2004, the interests of the Spanish railway industry. This can only be achieved in close collaboration, both nationally and internationally, with the main stakeholders, operators, and authorities of the sector, among which are worth mentioning:
- Ministry of Industry, Trade and Tourism
- Ministry of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda
- Spain Export and Investment (ICEX)
Marketing and comunication
From an online and offline strategy, we reference the products and services of our members and promote the image of the Spanish rail industry as a successful brand. Able to offer a “turnkey” service that covers from the first steps of planning and financing to the final commissioning. And this is precisely where the value of Spanish companies lies, their high level of knowledge and experience, capable of designing, building and maintaining metro, tram or high-speed rail lines anywhere in the world, with national technology, but adapting to the needs and particularities of each country.
Among the tools we use to carry out this positioning:
- Mafex Magazine
- Positions papers
- Corporate website
- Social media
- Press office